About IPC - Connected Factory Exchange (CFX)
IPC-CFX is an electronics manufacturing industry developed standard forming the foundation/backbone of Industry 4.0 Applications. IPC-CFX simplifies and standardizes machine to machine communication while also facilitating machine to business/business to machine solutions.
IPC-CFX can simply be described as a standard providing a purpose, working components, benefits, with several applications and sustainability.
Purpose of IPC-CFX:
- World-wide Industrial IoT communication standard for assembly manufacturing
- The enabler of Industry 4.0, Smart Factory and Digital Factory solutions
Working Components of IPC-CFX:
- Secure, omni-directional, AMQP v1.0 transportation protocol
- JSON data encoding
- Defined data content and structure of messages, across all manufacturing topics
Benefits of IPC-CFX:
- Everyone has just one interface for complete visibility, reducing costs and complexity
- Machine vendors can further optimize machine operation based on wider knowledge
- IT solutions work in a “plug and play” environment
- Machine to machine communication
- Machine data to factory exchange
- Factory data to machine exchange
- Transactional events, such as logistics, work-orders etc.
- Enhanced business opportunity and cost saving for all parties
- Supports all Industry 4.0, Smart factory and digital factory applications
- Additional CFX specification can be added as required